In the context of the 53d Dimitria, which will be held in October 2018, the Directorate of Culture and Tourism of the Municipality of Thessaloniki is addressing an open call to agencies, groups and individual artists for proposals for their participations in the Festival concerning events in the fields of music, drama, dance, visual arts, performance art, street art, video art, cinema, lectures, workshops and new technologies.
The proposals will be evaluated by the artistic and organising committee of the 53d Dimitria, and the programme proposals selected will be subsequently announced.
All proposals must be sent:
- by post to the following address:
Directorate of Culture – Tourism
Department of Organisation of Events and Festivals,
17, Kountouriotou Street, GR-54625, Port
Tel. No: 2313318 226
ATTN: Mr Sophocles Kaltzidis
Bearing the indication: 53d DIMITRIA.
- Online application through the Festival’s website by cliccking here.
Each proposal is submitted in a sole e-mail message (or envelope) and must include:
- Title, Summary/description of the event.
- Audiovisual material (photographs, video) – a link to download the audiovisual material.
- Technical CVs of the troupe/artists.
- Proposed venues.
- Summary breakdown of the budget, invoicing data and final cost for the realisation of the event.
- Contact details.
- Νotify us if your artistic proposal has already been presented to an audience (when and where), whether you intend for its premiere to take place during the 53d DIMITRIA or whether it is still in the final planning and implementation stage.
Application submission deadline:
16 March 2018, by 11:59 am (for postal dispatches bearing a post office).
Ιnformation on acceptance or rejection of proposals will be sent only by e-mail, after 1st of June 2018.
Completing and sending the form implies acceptance of the following terms:
- The submission of a proposal does not guarantee its inclusion in the Festival’s schedule
- The Artistic Committee of the Festival is not required to provide a detailed explanation of the rationale for its choices regarding the rejected proposals.
- No audiovisual material will be returned in physical form.
- The Dimitria Festival will not use or distribute the material, but reserves the right to consult with independent experts on the quality of the proposals if need arises.
Questions about the proposal process will be made at e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org on QUESTION ON THE PROPOSAL PROCEDURE and by phone: 2313 318226.